KC s2M Pro-rates
The "s2Member" plugin has a limited implementation of pro-rates. Still there is possible to add more options, with a custom code, as s2M is very hackable. To be easer, safer and without custom code, this plugin adds 3 cases of pro-rates and extensions of the existing membership period (and one more in development yet), and you can use any combination of them. It works with all the Free and Pro "Modification" shortcodes, you will need to create them in your payment gateway button/for generator. Also it needs to know your payment plan. Generates own shortcodes, that you use instead the usual modification shortcodes.
Plugin needs s2M
's "Modify" type shortcodes to creates custom shortcodes, that must be used instead usual s2M
's shortcodes to calculate pro-rate for each your customer. The 4 types of pro-rates use different way of calculation of the need sum.
- by sum: Member is charged $35 at Level1 for a year, and six months later he wants to upgrade to Level2 at $60, then he should only be charged an additional $25. Or, if same Level1 member upgrades to a Level3 at $600, then he should be only charged an additional $565.
- by time (no compensation): Member have the Level1 at $29/month (month is 30 days) and in the middle of the month (at 20. day) he wants to upgrade to Level2 at $49/month, he will be charged $16.30 for the upgrade ($49/30 days = $1.63 per day x 10 more days in the month), and after 10 days will be charged $49 for the next month.
- by time (with compensation): Member have the Level1 at $29/month (month is 30 days) and in the middle of the month (at 20. day) he wants to upgrade to Level2 at $49/month, he will be charged $39.40 for the upgrade (($29/30 days = $0.97 per day x 20 days is $19.40 total) plus ($49 for the new month, starting "now") minus ($29 for the past month)), and after one month will be changed $49 for the next month.
- extend (pay later) [works with "One time, with trial" memberships only!]: Current membership will be extended and at start of the new period the member will be charged. Member have the Level1 at $29/month (month is 30 days) and in the middle of the month (at 20. day) he wants to extend his membership (still on Level1) for another month, so he will be charged $29 after the finish of already paid period.
- extend (pay now) [works with "One time, no trial" memberships only!]: Current membership will be extended and pre-paid. Member have the Level1 at $29/month (month is 30 days) and in the middle of the month (at 20. day) he wants to extend his membership (still on Level1) for another month, so he will be charged $29 and his EOT will be set one month ahead, after the finish of already paid period.
"Extend" types will allow to extend access period of existing members, thus they may choose to pay for his next period at the middle of current period.
Runs as a generic installation from a ZIP file - upload it in your "Add new plugin" admin page, then activate it. Plugin will be seen as active, but will not works yet. After few more clicks in Admin area at top of admin pages will be a message from the plugin, you will need to add your account info to my site in the fields, so plugin can check your license, check for new versions etc. After you add your info and submit, it again may need some clicks in Admin area, to run these tasks at background. Then the plugin activates, but since it has no output at all, you may check only if fills the replacement codes. If something went wrong, there will be some guiding message - you miss something…
The plugin needs your payment plan, there at admin page is a table to fill. Next you need to create "Modification" shortcodes. Please read carefully descriptions for each type, there also is examples to show how the pro-rates works. Save the s2M
modification shortcodes, set the type, save. Done.
The "multioption s2M payment shortcodes" are different, need special attention. First, you create each option as separate shortcode. Then combine them inside additional s2Member multiple shortcode. Now you can move to "main" code all the shortcode options, that are same in each option shortcode. With some exceptions (again...) - each option shortcode should have "modify", "ra", "rr", "ta", "tp", "tt" and "ccaps". Means, don't move these, they are need for the "KC s2M Pro-rates" plugin. Next you should set each option shortcode in the plugin: put the original option shortcode in the text array, and set "shortcode text" in the "type" column. Then put the resulting plugin's shortcode in the "multioption s2M payment shortcode", instead options (which you paste in the left hand side text area).
Use the generated shortcodes instead the usual s2M
modification shortcodes. Can put them in "s2If" shortcodes, if needs. All rules for s2M
shortcodes apply here too.
I will be happy to answer any questions, please ask me
License and download
Short explanation of license: Perpetual License with 12 Months Support. You buy "allowed domains" number (not installations, on one domain you can have several sites), with one year updates, bugfixes, training, installation help. When the year passes your plugin will works, if no significant changes in WordPress® and s2Member®. Also you get lifetime discount for any other products of mine. Additionally, we will set discount for all new features you may need. Also I would like to share my revenue with you. Welcome to my Affiliate program.
Please read full explanation of license.
This entry was posted in Products
, WordPress plugins
, WP+s2M plugins
and tagged change subscription
, extend membership
, extend subscription
, members info
, membership extend
, pro-rates by sum
, pro-rates by time
, prorates by sun
, prorates by time
. Bookmark the permalink
You must be logged in to post a comment.